Looking for a nursing home (also known as a residential aged care facility) that is perfect for you or your loved one? It can be difficult to know where to start or what is involved, but we’re to help you through the process.
The first step is to have your care needs assessed by a member of the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to identify what types of government funded care and services you may be eligible for. The assessment helps to ensure you receive the care and support you need.
An ACAT assessment can be arranged by:
- Asking your Doctor for a referral
- Contacting My Aged Care direct on 1800 200 422
- Visiting the My Aged Care website
As part of the assessment, a member of the Aged Care Assessment Team will visit and ask some questions about your health needs and lifestyle to determine the best care option for you.
After the ACAT assessment, you will receive a letter advising the outcome of your assessment and outlining your eligibility for government subsidised care and services, as well as the reasons why.
Find a suitable nursing home
Once you have been assessed and understand the level of care you require, it is time to find a home that is right for you.
Contact Clayton Church Homes to find out more about our current availability:
- Call our Admissions Officer on (08) 8404 8200 to discuss your options; or
- Submit an enquiry form to your preferred residential care site and the Site Coordinator will be in contact with you
What you need to provide
You will also need to provide us with the following documents:
- Current Aged Care Client Record (ACCR) / My Support Plans
- Completed Application for Respite Care or Permanent Entry to an Aged Care Home (we can provide you with this form)
- Centrelink/Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Income & Assets Assessment
- Advance Care Directive or Power of Attorney (to be provided on admission)
An Admissions Checklist is available for download to assist you.
Would you like help applying?
Our friendly staff can guide you through this process – we are here to help. Call (08) 8404 8200 to speak with our Admissions Officer.