Looking for Aged Care jobs in Adelaide? Be part of a caring and supportive team who strive to make a difference in the lives of our ageing population across metropolitan Adelaide and the Adelaide Hills.
At Clayton Church Homes, we understand that our workforce is our most valuable asset.
We work together as a team to achieve our vision of providing quality care through mutual respect in a loving environment. The comfort and welfare of our residents is at the heart of everything we do.
Established in 1968 with the support of the Clayton Congregational Church, the fundamental Christian values and ethical principles continue to, and always will, underpin the activities and decisions of Clayton Church Homes.
Our Mission, Vision and Values are at the heart of everything we do.
Clayton Church Homes’ organisational values were developed by staff in 2016 and endorsed by the Board of Directors to be formally recognised as part of the Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles of Clayton Church Homes.
Our values are:
- Team work
- Trust & Honesty
- Positive Attitude
We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, and the values of our organisation are reflected in the qualities and traits of the staff we employ.
The Right Fit
As well as having the right skills and qualifications plus values that align with ours at CCH, aged care workers need to have the right attributes.
Working in aged care is a job where you get more than you give, and where you can make a difference in the lives of others.
For more information and a checklist on what comprises the ‘right fit’, view the ACSA (Aged and Community Services Australia) Right Fit Toolkit.
We believe the little extras can make a big difference. We recognise our workforce in many different ways and provide access to a variety of attractive employee benefits.
Current benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Various retail discounts
- Salary packaging options, including meals and entertainment
- Career milestones acknowledgements and service awards
- Corporate health plan offering discounted health insurance
- Influenza vaccination program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff raffles to free events such as sporting matches at Adelaide Oval Corporate Box
- Attractive motor vehicle discounts
- Gift vouchers
We strive to support our employees both personally and professionally as they support Clayton Church Homes through living our values and fulfilling our vision.
Training and Professional Development
While striving to ensure the highest standard of care is provided to residents within our homes, we also provide professional development opportunities to help you fulfil your potential.
This includes opportunities to:
- undertake mandatory and non-mandatory training
- develop new skills
- maintain professional knowledge
- stay abreast of standards and expectations within the aged care industry.
Employment Requirements and Police Checks
All clinical care staff are covered by an Enterprise Bargaining Agreement or Workplace Agreement.
Policy and procedures along with all legislative requirements govern our care practices.
Conditions of employment include:
- Acceptance of our Code of Conduct including working in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Clayton Church Homes.
- A current national criminal history record check (“police check”) less than twelve months old and specific to vulnerable aged persons
Appropriate criminal and relevant history screenings are conducted for all employees, clinical placements, contractors and volunteers prior to commencement and regularly thereafter. Police checks can be obtained via application at your local police station, through an online provider or through Clayton Church Homes’ provider. Costs will be incurred which will be conveyed to you when completing the application.